For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Westbeach Properties Ltd are the ‘data controller’ (ie the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, etc. whenever you complete an online form.
For example, we will obtain your personal data when you register to use this website, send us feedback, post material, contact us for any reason, sign up to a service, enter a competition, purchase goods or services. [We may also obtain sensitive personal data about you if you volunteer it during the completion of an online form. If you volunteer such information, you will be consenting to our processing it for the purpose of improving our service.
Occasionally we may receive information about you from other sources (such as credit reference agencies), which we will add to the information we already hold about you in order to help us provide goods and services, improve and personalise our service to you.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any accounts you hold with us;
• research, statistical analysis and behavioural analysis;
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
• marketing—see ‘Marketing and opting out’, below;
• fraud prevention and detection;
• billing and order fulfilment;
• credit scoring and credit checking—see ‘Credit checking’, below;
• customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
• to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services that may affect you;
• security vetting;
• improving our services; and
Marketing and opting out
If you have given permission, we may share your personal data with organisations who are our business partners and we or they may contact you (unless you have asked us or them not to do so) by mail, telephone, SMS, text/picture/video message, fax, email, other about products, services, promotions, special offers, charitable causes that may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any further direct marketing communications from us or our business partners, you can opt out at any time. See ‘Your rights’, below for further information.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to:
• other companies within our group;
• our agents and service providers;
• credit reference agents—see ‘Credit checking’, below;
• law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity;
• our business partners in accordance with the ‘Marketing and opting out’ section above;
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• access to your account is controlled by a password and user name that are unique to you;
• we store your personal data on secure servers; and
• payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology).
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and emails) for the purpose of quality assurance, training, fraud prevention and compliance.
To enable us [and other companies in our group] to make credit decisions about you and members of your household and for fraud prevention and money laundering purposes, we may search the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies (who will record the search). We may disclose information about how you conduct your account to such agencies and your information may be linked to records relating to other people living at the same address with whom you are financially linked. Other credit grantors may use this information to make credit decisions about you and the people with whom you are financially associated, as well as for fraud prevention, debtor tracing and money laundering purposes. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
Information about other individuals
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can:
• give consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his/her personal data;
• receive on his/her behalf any data protection notices;
• give consent to the transfer of his/her personal data abroad;
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10), to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (eg a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Westbeach Properties Ltd; and
• specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or you can write to us at 1 Victoria Terrace, Hove, BN3 2WB or call us on 01273 911213. Our registered office is 1 Victoria Terrace, Hove, BN3 2WB.